Why you Need Reviews
There are quite literally thousands of videos and articles online from reputable business leaders talking about the need and benefits associated with consistent positive reviews. Here are just a few of our favourites:
Mr Wonderful (Kevin O'Leary) on why reviews matter so much:
John Taffer from Bar Rescue on the importance of reviews and why you should try and hunt them down:
The main reason Google reviews work so well:
Hungry for more stats?:
- 72% of customers won’t take action until they read reviews.
- 15% of users don’t trust businesses without reviews.
- Google accounts for 57.5% of all reviews worldwide.
- Best-selling products’ have a 4.2-4.7 rating.
- Local businesses have an average of 39 Google reviews.
- 91% of millennials trust online reviews as much as friends and family.
- More than half of consumers won’t use a business if it has less than a 4* rating.
- 83% of customers don’t trust advertising.
- A single business review can lift its conversions by 10%.
- Turns out a hundred reviews can raise your conversion rates by as much as 37%. Two hundred can provide a mind-blowing 44% boost.
- 70% of consumers need to read at least four reviews before they can trust a business.
- Customers could spend 31% more on a business with great reviews.
- Software reviews influence 98% of buyers.
- 53% of Americans consider product reviews and ratings as the most crucial attribute of the online shopping experience in 2018.
- 95% of travelers read reviews prior to booking.
- 63.6% of consumers visit Google to check for reviews of a business. Yelp (45%) and TripAdvisor (30%) come second and third, leaving Facebook (23%) behind.
- A one-star increase in rating on Yelp can lead to a 5% to 9% increase in restaurant revenue.
- Facebook reviews stats reveal every four out of five users are more likely to trust a local business if it has positive reviews.
- Consumer reviews on products are trusted almost 12 times more than the manufacturers’ descriptions.
- 26. 73% of consumers think written reviews are more important than star and number ratings.
- Reviews are the most crucial part of the purchase decision for 90% of US customers.
- Positive reviews encourage 68% of consumers to use a local business.
- More than four negative reviews about a company or product may decrease sales by 70%.
- Only 44% of local businesses have claimed their Google My Business listing.
- 33% of local retailers have claimed their free listing on Yelp.
- 21% have done so on Yahoo.
- Reviews are the third most influential ranking factor for Google’s local pack
- 54% of Americans pay the most attention to the average star rating of a local business.
- Half of millennials “always” read online reviews for businesses.
- 77% of users don’t trust reviews older than three months.
- Almost all consumers, who use online reviews, read them early in the buying process.
- Reviews on higher-priced products can increase their conversion rate by 380%.
- Online reviews have a 10.3% influence on the global Google search results rankings.
- 88% of executives consider reputation risk as a top business issue.
- 67% of consumers say reviews are “very important” factor when choosing a solution provider.
- 89% of consumers read reviews on their smartphones.
- 77% of users would leave a review if asked.